The model 1,000 LP is the very best of our one-piece rests, and is our biggest seller. In addition to all of the features of the Model 1,000 it has three additional features that provide greater convenience and comfort for the shooter who understands the relation between having the best equipment and getting the best results.
There are two separate elevation adjustments. At the front there Is the usual threaded rod with keyway for coarse adjustments, but the wheel that is used to change elevation is much larger in diameter with convenient square notches around its circumference so that changes can be more easily and conveniently made.
The fine elevation adjustment is at the back of the rest, and is built into the rear bag’s holder. Adjustments are made with a notched wheel that is similar to the one in front and large enough in diameter to extend beyond the bag so that it is very easy to use. This adjustment does not require any sort of locking mechanism because the threaded adjustment is opposed by four stout die springs, one at each corner of the plate that supports the rear bag. These springs take up the slack and provide a sturdy platform for the rear bag, while allowing for easy adjustment, given the leverage that the threaded rod and wheel afford.
There is also a large and convenient trigger hand rest plate that is adjustable for position along the bars that connect the front and back of the rest. This allows the shooter to be more relaxed, which contributes to accuracy.
- The Model 1000 accepts any size rifle — Length adjustment is quick and easy.
- Shooting accuracy is improved with the fine tune feature for windage adjustment.
- The rest is leveled by horizontal fine-tuning of each foot and locked in place with an aluminum, jammer knob.
- A Timken roller bearing, located underneath the knurled aluminum elevation knob, delivers smooth operation.
- Knurled knob engages the keyway elevation adjustment rod for solid lock-down.
- Shooting base is made of a cast ductile ferrous compound with a silver-vain, powder coating for durability.
- Includes 1 Quick Release Sandbag Attachment (sandbag not included).
- Rear base.
- Hand rest.
- Rear sandbag assembly.
- Fine tune rear elevation.
Length: 22 – 32 inches (56 – 81 cm)
Width: 12 inches (30 cm)
Height: 9.5 inches (24 cm)
Weight: 26 lbs. (12 kg) approx.